1-UnIoN

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
1-UnIoN

PeAcE

Latest topics

» Choose SEO friendly web designs
Customs and Traditions in Saudi Arabia.. EmptyWed May 05, 2010 1:19 pm by ViviMoor

» For Jackal (shadowman.j@hotmail.com) Bruce lee VIDEO
Customs and Traditions in Saudi Arabia.. EmptySun Jun 28, 2009 4:14 pm by Knowntruth

» Eurovision 2009!
Customs and Traditions in Saudi Arabia.. EmptyMon Mar 16, 2009 12:04 am by Madwolf

» hey b.i.g here
Customs and Traditions in Saudi Arabia.. EmptySat Mar 07, 2009 5:29 pm by No_One

» Oeschinen Lake
Customs and Traditions in Saudi Arabia.. EmptyFri Jan 30, 2009 12:41 am by Madwolf

» LOSER mountain .... ?
Customs and Traditions in Saudi Arabia.. EmptyFri Jan 30, 2009 12:39 am by Madwolf

» HOW .............. ?
Customs and Traditions in Saudi Arabia.. EmptyFri Jan 30, 2009 12:38 am by Madwolf

» HATRED ...
Customs and Traditions in Saudi Arabia.. EmptyFri Jan 30, 2009 12:37 am by Madwolf

» <<<<Hia>>>>
Customs and Traditions in Saudi Arabia.. EmptyFri Jan 30, 2009 12:28 am by Madwolf

I forgot my password

Statistics

Our users have posted a total of 1257 messages in 129 subjects

We have 46 registered users

The newest registered user is ViviMoor

Keywords

HOW .............. ?

Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:05 pm by J . U . N . I . O . R

this …

[ Full reading ]
HATRED ...

Thu Jan 22, 2009 5:10 am by J . U . N . I . O . R

i have …

[ Full reading ]
The Union is now on Bebo!

Wed Sep 03, 2008 9:28 pm by Madwolf

For those …

[ Full reading ]
You know, it might just be the tiredness talking...

Wed Sep 03, 2008 2:49 am by SeanpaulSmillie

Hi, …

[ Full reading ]
Are you feeling Angry? Depressed? Lonely?....

Wed Sep 03, 2008 2:22 pm by SeanpaulSmillie

If so …

[ Full reading ]
why do most of the people act like they know everything while they don't ..

Thu Jun 19, 2008 2:20 pm by J . U . N . I . O . R

there …

[ Full reading ]
What does life means to u ?

Tue Feb 12, 2008 6:34 pm by Devil xA

hi …

[ Full reading ]
Meanings of Love

Sun Feb 17, 2008 12:22 am by Devil xA

The word

[ Full reading ]
==+ANGER+==

Sun Mar 16, 2008 10:12 pm by Devil xA

Anger is …

[ Full reading ]

Who is online?

In total there are 6 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 6 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 141 on Sun Jul 25, 2021 4:34 pm

Poll

What should we do language-wise
Customs and Traditions in Saudi Arabia.. Bar_left11%Customs and Traditions in Saudi Arabia.. Bar_right 11% [ 1 ]
Customs and Traditions in Saudi Arabia.. Bar_left22%Customs and Traditions in Saudi Arabia.. Bar_right 22% [ 2 ]
Customs and Traditions in Saudi Arabia.. Bar_left0%Customs and Traditions in Saudi Arabia.. Bar_right 0% [ 0 ]
Customs and Traditions in Saudi Arabia.. Bar_left67%Customs and Traditions in Saudi Arabia.. Bar_right 67% [ 6 ]
Customs and Traditions in Saudi Arabia.. Bar_left0%Customs and Traditions in Saudi Arabia.. Bar_right 0% [ 0 ]

Total Votes : 9

3 posters

Customs and Traditions in Saudi Arabia..

J . U . N . I . O . R
    AdMinStAtOr
    AdMinStAtOr

Number of posts : 117
    Registration date : 2008-02-06

Customs and Traditions in Saudi Arabia.. Empty Customs and Traditions in Saudi Arabia..

Post by J . U . N . I . O . R Tue Jun 24, 2008 6:04 pm

PART 1

The Saudi Arabian monarchial government recognizes the Quran as the Constitution of the country. The Customs and Traditions in Saudi Arabia are based on the tenets mentioned in the Quran.
    Hospitality and guest care are primary features of the Customs and Traditions in Saudi Arabia. When a guest is invited to a local household on formal or friendly purpose the former is treated to a cup of coffee and date palms. This is an ancient custom and is a sign of hospitality. If a guest is invited to a meal then the guest should leave behind some food on his plate to show that his appetite has been satisfied. Inmates of the family may request the guest for a subsequent meal and in that case the guest should oblige and give the family some token gift in return as a gesture of honor.

The Culture of Saudi Arabia is framed by the Customs and Traditions in Saudi Arabia. Traditional garments are a must wear for the people of Saudi Arabia. Foreigners and tourists however are not required to follow this dress pattern. The Cuisine in Saudi Arabia is also partly influenced by the Traditions and Customs of Saudi Arabia in Asia. Since the Religion in Saudi Arabia is Islam most of the Customs of Saudi Arabia overlap with the Islamic customs. One such custom is the prohibition of consumption of alcohol and the eating of pork.

There are certain customs pertaining to the admittance of animals into the realm. 'Hunter dogs' and 'guard dogs' are only allowed to enter the country. Any animal that enters the country has to have certificates from Veterinary doctors approved by the Customs Department.

WOMEN RIGHTS :

well guys don't be amazed of these facts cause they are all true ...

In a society where women constitute the majority of the population and account for more university graduates than men, they have few of the rights that most of Western society usually grants.

They are not allowed to study any subject they want - law and engineering, for example, are closed to them. They cannot vote, travel without the explicit approval of husband or a male guardian, drive, or work in most government offices. Even when hired in a private office, they are usually put in a separate room from men.

And, what perhaps has attracted the attention of the human rights and feminist groups in the West the most, is the fact that they have to wear 'abayas' - the neck-to-ankle black robe, and cover their hair with a black scarf.

TO BE CONTINUED .....
    Madwolf
    Madwolf
    AdMinStAtOr
    AdMinStAtOr

Male Number of posts : 130
    Job/hobbies : Student
    Registration date : 2008-02-19

Customs and Traditions in Saudi Arabia.. Empty Re: Customs and Traditions in Saudi Arabia..

Post by Madwolf Tue Jul 01, 2008 12:25 am

both interesting and informative, thank you, i look forward to the next part.
    Francomacc
    MoDeAToR
    MoDeAToR

Male Number of posts : 94
    Job/hobbies : rugby and football
    Humor : Cool
    Registration date : 2008-02-20

Customs and Traditions in Saudi Arabia.. Empty Re: Customs and Traditions in Saudi Arabia..

Post by Francomacc Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:56 pm

wow I for one didnt know that, quite interesting indeed. Just wondering have not women ever prostested about these rights!?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:45 am